The goal of this site is to find as many kinds of mac n' cheese as possible and try them so you don't have to! Stove-top, frozen, quick prepare (just add water), home made and anything served in a restaurant are all fair game! If it's name has macaroni n' cheese in it, I'm trying it.

My hope is that this blog will help you discover new varieties to try (and to avoid) or that killer home made recipe that is worth the work to make yourself.

When I'm not collecting video games, I'm eatin' mac n' cheese. Thanks for following me on this journey as I see what it takes to make me bleed cheese.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mac-Aids

We all love mac n' cheese.  Well I have a great fondness for it and I hope that those reading it are either just as big of fans of the cheesy noodley cassarole, or have a perverse enough sense of humor to watch me consume as many kinds of this stuff as possible while having a chuckle at my expense. 

You know that mac n' cheese has hit the big time when you start to see non food stuffs appear in the likeness of this blog's subject matter.  While being tourists with friends who were here for a long birthday weekend, we spent quite a lot of time in San Francisco enjoying the sites and just a small chunk of what the city has to offer.  While wandering through the tourist trap known as Pier 39 we found our way into one of the candy shops to spy what they had. 

The Candy Baron is a dangerous store where loose candy sold by the quarter pound might as well come with a mortgage repayment schedule and the shelves are stocked to the hilt with all kinds of candy and candy related parafanelia.  Hiding in the back corner were some of the more random things that seem to be in the local candy shops now.  The section devoted to bacon (if I only wouldn't die from eating so much of it, I would try to find a way to blog it as well), a section devoted to 'naughty' candies and other random items that best fit in there because they don't fit anywhere else.  While looking over the bacon section I spied something that just begged to be reviewed on Mac N' Steve...

The Review

Brand:
Accoutreatments Macaroni & Cheese Bandages
Could these be the best bandages ever???

Price:
$6.99 from Candy Baron on Pier 39 in San Francisco

Preparation:
*Get a flesh wound!
Merely a ketchup flesh wound!
*Clean the flesh wound with warm soap and water.
*Open the tin of bandages.
*Take out the necessary number of bandages to properly cover the wound.
*Peel open the packaging.
It's like a meal on a bandage!
*Make sure that you've put antiseptic on your wound and slap the bandage(s) on the wound.
*Revel in the fact that mac n' cheese will be giving you that protective layer necessary to ensure proper healing.
Protective cheese layers.... droool
*DON'T commence with the nomming!

Taste:
Erm.... we don't eat bandages.  That's just gross.  The picture of the mac n' cheese however does look pretty good.  As I wore the bandage I thought briefly that this would be even cooler if it smelled like mac n' cheese.  It's probably for the best that it doesn't as the smell wouldn't be so great for very long.  It's a nice sticky bandage and doesn't feel like a cheap one that will quickly fall off.

Final Score:

We all know that bandages with cute pictures on them totally help with the healing process.  Bandages with mac n' cheese on them should make you heal even faster because they are SO awesome.  The bandage container touts a special prize with each tin of bandages.  Unfortunately it's just a crappy sticker.  Sure kids will be happy getting that first sticker, but there are 15 bandages!  What about my next 14 injuries?!?
Why is this a 'prize'? I think these guys are taking lessons from Cracker Jacks and giving out total crud.  Where is my mini cheese slicer? What about that small pouch of cheese powder all the kids are raving about these days?

The only other downside is that each bandage is ~$0.46.  I can get these a bit cheaper on Amazon but still I've got a hard time justifying the cost for the bandages.  I saw a number of other varieties of bandages that Accoutreatments at the candy shop (bacon, colored monkeys) and Amazon has a bunch of other novelty bandages for those who need pickles, Jesus or tighty whites covering their wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment